Friday 30 September 2011

Woolly trees!

What does a girl do when she can't buy prim trees in the UK? Well she has to......MAKE them of course!

I LOVE feather trees and I came across a great tutorial on how to make a wool feather tree-well..... you know my love affair with wool? Also my good friend Christine from 'Preferably Prim' had a special birthday and I know she has been looking for some prim trees to decorate with, hence my excuse to get started!
You will see her trees here




I used brown coloured wool and attached mini pumpkins for a fall tree. I showed our teenagers my attempts the other night-of course they said it was lovely but....mum, 'pumpkins don't grow on trees'!!!! How sad, that not everybody gets the prim thing!lol!
I am not sure if I am hyperlinking these sites but I will try again. The feather tree tutorial found here


This is a wool crazy bobbin tree.



A smaller autumn coloured tree and just to show the size....



Finally, a bobbin feather tree



Sorry the links don't appear to have worked:( I will try and edit again when my son comes home-he is more technically minded than I am

Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,

Shazy

7 comments:

  1. Those are SO awesome girl!! You did an excellent job on them, love how they turned out! Neat idea to use rust/brown wool for an autumn tree! Love the bobbins for a base too. They are all SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just the best! Haven't you been busy too making a wee forest of them!
    Just gorgeous and I will HAVE to give it a go myself - you're inspirational!
    Best wishes and thanks again!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the link. These are on my 'must do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees are wonderful. I am going to have to give it a try but will have to wait until I find a bobin of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shazy :)
    LOVE the woolly tree's, really will have to try and have a go at them ;)
    Hugs Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your trees. Unfortunately the original tree tutorial doesn't' exist anymore...Any chance of doing one?

    ReplyDelete