Tuesday 16 February 2010

Raggedy quilts!

Good morning to you all!

I hope your week has got off to a good start! Our kids are off school for half-term break, so we are trying to get out and about a bit. We had a few nice days that hinted 'spring' but we have also had a few damp days-better than snow, I suppose:)

Some time back, I decided I was going to discipline myself and try and finish up some projects that I had bought, so, this past weekend, I took into a kit I got on one of our holidays to America!

Firstly, there was a little bit of this......



A fair amount of this.........



Way too much of this-I ended up with a blister on my thumb and yes I'm left handed:)



After a cycle in the machine and tumble-dryer........



For now, it sits here......



If you are looking to make a quick quilt, raggedy quilts are the way to go-no binding required and they don't require perfection! (suits me!lol)
Here are a few pics of a couple of others I made a while back.







That's all for now; have a good week and don't forget to pop over to Christine at Preferably Prim, for her great giveaway-click on image on my sidebar to get there.

Blessings,
Shazy x

13 comments:

  1. Sharon, I am always amazed at the beautiful creations you come up with! That raggy quilt is GORGEOUS over the sofa!
    Thanks so much for posting my giveaway.
    Glad to know you are feeling a bit stronger and hope you all enjoy half term break!
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in looooooove with your raggedy quilts! You've done an awesome job! So you buy this as a kit? Where from? I think I would like to try this. One of those quilts would be perfect on my new blanket crane!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilts! I have never tried one....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love rag quilts. They are just so simple and yet make me so happy. I am still debating a new quilt for my bed and I'm thinking I may take a break from traditional quilting and do a rag quilt :)

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt! I need to learn how to sew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love your Americana quilt!! All of them are just beautiful! Hey, I am left handed too, we are in our right minds :0)

    Enjoy your time with the kids!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shazy!

    You did an amazing job on that Americana quilt! It would look great in my living room, it's all done in Americana decor!LOL Just teasing ya! It looks perfect on your couch! I love all your quilts you showed us! Great job sweetie!

    I love rag quilts too, I've only made one so far and need to make some more. You've inspired me to get busy! ha
    All that clipping is hard on the hands tho'.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolute genius !
    love it.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilts! They are fabulous. Shazy, thank you for leaving a beautiful comment on my blog.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE all your rag quilts! The flag quilt looks very nice draped over your couch like that!

    I've not tried this before, but if I ever decide to make a quilt... this is definitely the way I will do it!! I wish I didn't have a project list a mile long, I would sure try this! You did a wonderful job on all your quilts!

    Have a grand week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your raggy quilts!! I used to work in a quilt shop and we did classes on them...they are fun quilts to make.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh they are great. I wonder if.... I just wonder... hmmmmm... maybe I'll try those. I'm kind of scared of the whole quilting thing but you make those look so easy! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loooove your American flag and heart ragg quilts, great job...I'm right with you...I don't like the preciseness of traditional quilts (unless they are a log cabin or something easy like that)...I love the look and texture of the raggedy quilts!! I made a summertime picnic quilt last week for our cub scout fundraiser... ps I am an RN too! I am also a follower now. love the TP pics!

    ReplyDelete