Wednesday 5 October 2011

Quilt blocks and RAK!

It's a blustery Autumn morning here in Ireland; a good day for sorting things out and that is what I have been doing with my Autumn quilt blocks, pattern by 'Heart to Hand'

I finished off the cornucopia last night and then got all my completed blocks out to see what they look like......only 4 more to prep and sew!!!
Please excuse the colours, they look somewhat faded, but I had to use my phone as I can't find the plug to charge my camera. They say creative people rarely have an organised house-that's my excuse anyway!

This is block 7



....and block 8



A picture of the first 6 completed or thereabouts-I'm seeing a little something I might like to change!lol!



Yesterday morning, I got the most lovely surprise! Postie brought me a little package and you all know I just love getting little packages in the post.
my good friend Wendy (The Quiet Room blog) sent me a RAK, a just because, in her own words 'everyone needs a few more pumpkins'. Just look at this adorable set of pumpkins, which I have proudly displayed on my front table for all to see when they enter the front door. Sorry I can't seem to do anything about the blur, no matter how many times I took the pic.



I just love them Wendy and thank you once again for your thoughtfulness and generosity-I might add though, she has enough pumpkins to share with her village! I shall say no more, we all have our obsessions, don't we???

Happy stitching/creating or whatever makes you smile,

Shazy

14 comments:

  1. When you get that needle in your hand you certainly go for it! You have got on so brilliantly - those blocks are just gorgeous - makes me wanna quilt too!
    How lovely of Wendy to 'grow' some pumpkins for you!
    Enjoy your sewing time!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving the wool pieces! I love Kathy Campbell's patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNAP!! I received the very same pressie from Wendy yesterday too - what a lovely surprise they were. Wendy is such a sweetie!!

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cornucopia makes me think of turkey and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've may have started something out in blogland w/all your wonderful wool stitcheries, Shazy!! They look amazing as always!
    Wendy makes the cutest pumpkins and how sweet of her to share her 'crop' w/others! ha

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your Autumn Quilt..my wool is cut out and just finished cutting out the background pieces...took forever!! BUT oh so worth it!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    And Wendy's pumpkins are incredible!! I also love her blog!!
    take care!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there :)
    Love your Autumn Blocks, I'm right there with you, completed those and just waiting for my next set to arrive from PG :)
    I had to tweak my cornocopia thingy ... wasn't doing it for me, so I made a basket instead, looks okish ...lol!
    Soooo glad you liked your Pumpkin Surprise ... got to spread the Pumpkin Lovin' ... hahaha
    I am feeling the urge to make more, lol!
    I could have a very contagious (?sp) case of Pumpkinism :)
    Hugs Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Greetings from Finland! The quilts are fantastic! I love them! It's so nice to find other quilters from other countries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the quilt is fantastic, I love the colours and the wools. I feel like doing everything I see!!
    Oh, God!!!! I need time!!!
    have a lovely weekend
    Belen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog and you have made such beautiful things! Inspiring! Love the quilt you are working on.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shazy, Your quilt is gorgeous. Love the cornocopica. Be sure to drop by. I'm having a giveaway! Primitive

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really loving this quilt! The colors are beautiful and so primitive!

    Aw, how sweet of Wendy to send you such cute pumpkins! They make a wonderful fall display.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Greetings from Finland! The quilts are fantastic! Thank you for your lovely blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete