Wednesday 17 November 2010

Santa Claus is comin to town......

Today has been one of those winter days, with the wind howling and the rain beating off the windows-love those days every now and again, when I don't have to go out! It suited me brilliantly today, since hubs does all the morning school runs on a Wednesday.....oh, I LOVE Wednesday morns-I am free from 8am til 11.15:)) So, I battened down the hatches and first off, got the cooker on and very soon the smell of apple/raspberry and cinnamon crumble was wafting through the house!

That of course set me off again thinking 'Christmas'-not that I need any encouragement!lol! I have had a few UFO's hanging about-not needing much really to finish them, but this week, my target has been to get them finished and I apologise now if you aren't a Santa fan, because that is what they all are,

First up, is an olde Santa with his wool coat and beard. When I showed him to hubs, the comment I received was 'thought Santa had a red coat'......some people just don't get it, do they???


Oops-this wall really is a darkish red in real life:)



Against a plain wall, to show his colours better:)

This next little pillow-again all wool, is a needl'n love pattern, from one of their books-can't remember which one, but if you really want to know, I can go look!





Lastly, a little needle punch. This is a 'Country Stitches' pattern and I so enjoyed doing it. I chose to trim it with red wool and temporarily stick it to this basket for the holidays-it needs a little more flattening out, but I was rushing to get this post done, but you get the picture.....




This is the one time of the year when I tend to burn the midnight oil-there are so many Christmas things I want to make and only a small window of opportunity to get them done, so I must confess to 'handy' dinners, 'rushed' housework and bleary eyes, but I don't think I feel guilty-least I am using up some of my stash and supplies-that can't be a bad thing can it? Just not sure how I can explain away, ordering 'Country Stitches' new Christmas pattern...........oh yes, I was afraid of them going out of stock....!lol!

Ok, I'm off to make one of those 'handy' meals, so that it only needs heating up later-I feel a late night coming on:))

Blessings, Shazy x

11 comments:

  1. Your new Santas are a hit with me. Grey coat and all. My husband would probably say the same thing. I especially like the Santa pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Don't feel guilty in the least coz your Santas are all primtastic!
    I wish I could stay up late but my eyes wouldn't just be bleary, they'd be glued shut!lol!
    Blessings to all!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, your Santas are wonderfully prim and you do such amazing work! Love them all!

    Thanks for putting us all into the Christmas spirit even more!

    Happy stitching!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new Santa.....some people obviously have never heard of 'Artistic License'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your santas! And his coat can be whatever color we want!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love all of your perfectly prim Santas!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Santas are beautiful.. Such lovely work.. I expect your hasty meals are delicious, too..lol...
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those Santas - very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl, I know what you mean about having a few hours to get things done... I'm there too. I know how precious that time is!! Haha! When I drop my youngest off, I rush home to get working on things before I have to go back a few hours later to get them all. Your hubby's comment is one mine would make also. You're right-- they just don't get it! =]

    Your Santa's are wonderful, each one of them! I always enjoy coming over here to visit you and seeing what your hands are busy working on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! :) I'm only several weeks late telling you how much I love your Santa's, especially the woolly Santa Pillow...luuurrvve him...lol! Take care
    Hugs Wendy x

    ReplyDelete